Customer Service available Mon - Fri 9am to 9pm EST Sat & Sun 1pm to 8pm EST
Ray Cooney began his theatrical career as a boy actor in Song of Norway at the Palace Theatre in 1946. He played in Dry Rot and Simple Spymen and then began a writing career which, to date, has sent eighteen plays to the West End including One for the Pot, Not Now Darling,Move Over Mrs. Markham, and There Goes the Bride, Chase My Comrade, Why Not Stay for Breakfast, Wife Begins at Forty, Run for Your Wife!, Two Into One, Out of Order, It Runs in the Family, Funny Money, Caught in the Net, and Tom, Dick, and Harry. In 1983 Mr. Cooney formed the Theatre of Comedy Company (bringing together the founder members consisting of thirty West End stars) and he became its first Artistic Director. During Mr. Cooney’s tenure the company produced over twenty plays. During his time with the Theatre of Comedy Company and throughout his career, Mr. Cooney has continued to act, direct, and produce while he writes.
Samuel French Titles by Ray Cooney
- Art as a Catalyst: THE ROYALE Takes Center Stage in Pittsburgh
- Top 8 Stage Adaptations To Obsess Over
- A Couple of Notes: Behind the Scenes with Samuel French’s Music Supervisor
- Beyond the Ingénue: Top 20 Roles for Leading Ladies
- Shining The Light: How One Teacher Brought The Ghostlight Project To His High School
Samuel French, Inc.
235 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10003
Toll Free: (866) 598-8449
Local: (212) 206-8990
Fax: (212) 206-1429
Follow us on