Customer Service available Mon - Fri 9am to 9pm EST Sat & Sun 1pm to 8pm EST
Adrienne Kennedy continues to influence the world through her art. She was the recipient of the 2003 Lifetime Achievement Award from the Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards, an Obie Award for Lifetime Achievement Award, the Lila Wallace—Reader's Digest Writers' Award and the American Academy of Arts and Letters in Literature Award. She was also granted a Guggenheim Fellowship for Creative Writing, awarded the Pierre Lecomte du Novy Award, and ended her academic career teaching at Harvard.Kennedy was playwright-in-residence at the Signature Theatre in New York City during their 1996-1997 season. Her play Movie Star is in a volume of Norton Anthology of American Literature and her play Funnyhouse of Negro, most recently performed at the Classical Theatre of Harlem in NYC, is a landmark piece that speaks to students trying to find a place in the world.Her plays are taught in classrooms and performed in theatres all over the world.
Samuel French Titles by Adrienne Kennedy
- Beyond the Ingénue: Top 20 Roles for Leading Ladies
- An Exploration of Playwright Audrey Cefaly’s Work
- Shining The Light: How One Teacher Brought The Ghostlight Project To His High School
- A Musical Classic Gets a Bold New Staging in San Antonio
- Beautiful: The Multi-Generational Draw of HEATHERS THE MUSICAL
Samuel French, Inc.
235 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10003
Toll Free: (866) 598-8449
Local: (212) 206-8990
Fax: (212) 206-1429
Follow us on