Customer Service available Mon - Fri 9am to 9pm EST Sat & Sun 1pm to 8pm EST
Matthew Burnett is the recipient of Los Angeles's Natalie Wood Award for Excellence in Theatre. As playwright of Theophilus North, adapted from Thornton Wilder's novel and published by Samuel French, he was nominated for the Helen Hayes/Charles MacArthur Award for Outstanding New Play or Musical of the Year. He is the author of While Mortals Sleep: A Vonnegut Christmas Tale, based on works by Kurt Vonnegut; "Say It, Othello"; and Every Boy Should, among other works. As an actor Mr. Burnett has appeared Off-Broadway and with prestigious regional theaters including the Yale Repertory and Long Wharf Theatre, in independent films, and on network television. He was a panel member at The Kennedy Center's "Page to Stage" conference, and judged the Samuel French Off Off Broadway new plays competition in New York. A native of Los Angeles, Mr. Burnett is a graduate of UCLA’s Department of Theatre, Film and Television, and studied with the British American Drama Academy at Oxford. He currently resides in New York City, where he continues to write and work for a major book publishing house.
- Facebook:Theophilus North, The Play
Samuel French Titles by Matthew Burnett
- Beyond the Ingénue: Top 20 Roles for Leading Ladies
- An Exploration of Playwright Audrey Cefaly’s Work
- Shining The Light: How One Teacher Brought The Ghostlight Project To His High School
- A Musical Classic Gets a Bold New Staging in San Antonio
- Beautiful: The Multi-Generational Draw of HEATHERS THE MUSICAL
Samuel French, Inc.
235 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10003
Toll Free: (866) 598-8449
Local: (212) 206-8990
Fax: (212) 206-1429
Follow us on