MAKE THEATRE HAPPEN
Exceptional people make an exceptional company. And an exceptional company is a fun place to work. That is why we hire team players who are creative, engaged, and ambitious. If you do come in to meet with us, we want you to make a great impression. So in order to help you prepare, here are some links to websites that list common interview questions.
Samuel French is an equal opportunity employer.
There are no current employment opportunities at this time.
SAMUEL FRENCH SPRING 2017 INTERNSHIPS
in Licensing, Literary, Marketing, Music and Publications
Samuel French, Inc., the world’s oldest and largest publishing and licensing company, is offering part-time semester-long internships in five departments during the Spring of 2017: Licensing, Literary, Marketing, Music, and Publications. At Samuel French, a theatrical publishing and licensing house with more than five thousand active plays and musicals and over 180 years of operation, the experience and exposure a student can receive while working at here is priceless in the professional arena.
Candidates should possess an interest in dramatic literature and the operations of a theatrical publishing/licensing house. In additional to their individual departmental duties, all interns will read and evaluate two scripts per week, participate in weekly script meetings, and attend weekly seminars with department heads to learn more about the industry and career development. Each department has its own description (see below), but general requirements are as follows:
- Individuals who are fun and professional, detail-oriented and creative, efficient and communicative, and, most importantly, exceptional.
- Applicants should currently be pursuing a college degree and able to receive credit** for their time with us.
- Graduate students are also welcome to apply!
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite is very helpful, but not required.
- The internship is 20 hours a week, specific schedule to be determined upon acceptance.
- The dates of the internship can be flexible to each intern, but should begin in January after the start of the spring semester and end in the middle of May.
**All internships sponsored by Samuel French, Inc are for credit hours only – documentation of approval from your school is required to participate in our program.**
Download the required application form here.
Please send completed application form, resume, and cover letter as PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job code INTERN 51617 in the subject line no later than Friday, November 11th.