This new and fully updated edition of the Illustrated Theatre Production Guide takes a step-by-step approach to the most common and popular theatre production practices, covering important issues related to the construction of wooden, fabric, plastic, and metal scenery used on the stage. This book examines theatres and their equipment, tools and materials, and scenery construction, as well as the principles of electricity and implementation of a lighting design. New additions include:
* Hundreds of unique hand-drawings that illustrate lessons, giving detailed, dimensional instruction
* New chapters on stage management and electrical theory as it relates specifically to stage lighting
* Completely revamped chapters on metal frame construction and the practice of entertainment lighting covering DMX signals, dimmer mechanics, power distribution, digital lighting
* Eco-friendly tips on how to reuse and recycle props and set material
* Multiple do-it-yourself projects and practice problems
*Companion website with a solutions manual and how-to videos that give an exclusive visual on crucial backstage tasks such as properly tying knots, building a chandelier, and constructing an outdoor stage
Illustrated Theatre Production Guide, Second Edition offers techniques and best-practice methods from an experienced industry expert, creating a foundation on which to build a successful and resourceful career behind the scenes in theatre production.