""These words are razors to my wounded heart.""
""We have seen better days.""
--Timon of Athens
Eminent Shakespearean scholars Jonathan Bate and Eric Rasmussen provide fresh new editions of the two great tragedies: "Titus Adronicus, "a graphic story of revenge, and" Timon of Athens," a cautionary tale about false friends and unearned loyalty.
THIS VOLUME ALSO INCLUDES MORE THAN A HUNDRED PAGES OF EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:
- original Introductions to "Titus Andronicus "and" Timon of Athens"
- incisive scene-by-scene synopsis and analysis with vital facts about the work
- commentary on past and current productions based on interviews with leading directors, actors, and designers
- photographs of key RSC productions
- an overview of Shakespeare's theatrical career and chronology of his plays
Ideal for students, theater professionals, and general readers, these modern and accessible editions from the Royal Shakespeare Company set a new standard in Shakespearean literature for the twenty-first century.