– 30s, African-American. Sexy and beautiful with a powerful voice. J.D. WINKLER
– around 50. Once the handsome quarterback, now the failed, angry, abusive, adulterous, alcoholic husband. WILLADEAN WINKLER
– mid- to late 40s. The trapped, weathered and abused housewife who has a beautiful heart and soul. RAYLEEN HOBBS
– late 30s. The much-married waitress with the great body, the hard, lived-in face who desperately needs acceptance. LA SONIA ROBINSON
– late 30s, African-American. Willadean’s fleshy neighbor and best friend who speaks her mind and has little fear.
A pianist also appears onstage who accompanies the Blue Singer.