Samuel French ePlays are here.
Now you can instantly download and read many of the acting editions in our catalogue on your eReader device, tablet, mobile device, or home computer. Are you as excited as we are?
See all titles available in ePlay HERE.
Now ePlays are also available DIRECTLY from SamuelFrench.com! These direct downloads can be read on your home computer using the free ePub reader Adobe Digital Editions. You also have the freedom of transferring the ePlay to tablet devices and many brands of eReaders. This means you can take your ePlays on the go, or read them at home – your choice! Buying directly from SamuelFrench.com gives you the most freedom with your ePlay.
Click here to read more about the required software in our Direct-To-You ePlays How-To Guide.
Samuel French has teamed up with MyTheaterApps.com, the developer of Scene Partner, an award-winning App that helps actors learn their lines using their own scripts or by choosing from a growing collection of Publisher e-Scripts—the authorized Acting Editions designed specifically for use with Scene Partner. The first wave of select Samuel French titles are available in the Scene Partner webstore for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch). Apps for other Smartphones and Android devices coming soon. For more information, click HERE.
What is Scene Partner:
Scene Partner is an app for Apple devices that allows actors to listen to their lines, their cues, or a whole scene to help them learn their lines faster. Actors can listen to a variety of prerecorded voices – available in different dialects as well – or they can record themselves and their cast mates! Each role can be isolated, so every actor can follow their track through the show or they can customize their track by making their own French Scene Breakdown. Everyone stays on the same page, with real time syncing of any cuts or edits to the script!
Check out all the features below! With all of these tools at your disposal, learning you lines will be a breeze!
How Scene Partner Helps Our Actors:
- Hear your lines on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad using the two male and female voices provided or download additional voices for more variety.
- 35 Text-To-Speech voices are now available, with a variety languages, including French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Mandarin Chinese!
- Or, record your voice and the voices of your fellow actors and merge them with the TTS voices to help you learn your lines.
- Listen to just your lines, just your cues, your lines and cues, or a full scene.
- Character tracks are automatically provided so you can follow just your role through the play.
- Or create a French scene break down to customize your track.
- Highlight your lines in up to 10 different colors.
- Test yourself by toggling the black highlight on and off over your lines!
- In Note feature, write all of your blocking and director’s notes.
- Keep up to date with your director’s cuts with the Edit feature.
How Scene Partner Helps Our Theatres:
- Keep a library of all of your digital scripts.
- Distribute scripts among your actors by sending them a secure Library key, so they can access the text on their iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. Change your library key for each production for added security.
- Each actor can use their Scene Partner text on up to 4 devices.
- Upload new plays to your Theater Library too! Each actor can use any play with Scene Partner for a small, one-time conversion fee.
- Make sure everyone is on the same page by implementing changes and cuts.
How Scene Partner Helps Our Authors:
- Hear you work on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad with prerecorded sample voices!
- Or record your favorite actor’s voices!
- Make sure everyone has the most up-to-date version of the script - have actors implement changes in real time.
- Upload your script from Word, rtf, plain text, or PDF.
Download Scene Partner for free and try it with free copies of KING LEAR and AS YOU LIKE IT!
Samuel French Titles Available from Scene Partner:
1001 by Jason Grote
The 39 Steps by Patrick Barlow and John Buchan
Agnes of God by John Pielmeier
Anne and Gilbert by Jeff Hochhauser
The Awesome 80s Prom by Ken Davenport
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
Bill W. and Dr. Bob by Samuel Shem and Janet Surrey
The Cat's Meow by Steven Peros
Cinderella Waltz by Don Nigro
Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean by Ed Graczyk
Done to Death by Fred Carmichael
The Elephant Man by Bernard Pomerance
Elephant's Graveyard (Full Length Version) by George Brant
Evil Dead: The Musical by Christopher Bond, Frank Cipolla, Melissa Morris, and George Reinblatt
Exhibit This! The Museum Comedies by Luigi Jannuzzi
Funny Money by Ray Cooney
Happy Days - A New Musical (Full Length Version) by Garry Marshall and Paul Williams
Iliad, Odyssey and all of Greek Mythology in 99 Minutes or Less by Jay Hopkins and John Hunter
The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
Jerome Bixby's The Man From Earth by Jerome Bixby and Richard Schenkman
The Learned Ladies by Freyda Thomas
A Little Murder Never Hurt Anybody by Ron Bernas
Mother Courage and Her Children by Bertolt Brecht, translated by Eric Bentley
My First Time by Ken Davenport
Nana's Naughty Knickers by Katherine DiSavino
New York by David Rimmer
Nunsense by Dan Goggin
Nunsense: The Mega-Musical Version by Dan Goggin
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey and Dale Wasserman
Ruthless! by Marvin Laird and Joel Paley
Seascape with Sharks and Dancer by Don Nigro
Sex Please We're Sixty! by Michael Parker and Susan Parker
Something's Afoot by Robert Gerlach, Ed Linderman, James McDonald, and David Vos
Sordid Lives by Del Shores
Cash on Delivery! by Michael Cooney
Everyman by Esther Willard Bates
Run for Your Wife by Ray Cooney
Any Number Can Die by Fred Carmichael
Exit the Body by Fred Carmichael
David and Lisa by Eleanor Perry, James Reach, and Theodore Isaac Rubin
Final Dress Rehearsal by Jack Frates
Story Theatre by Paul Sills
The Subject Was Roses by Frank D. Gilroy
Daddy's Dyin' Who's Got the Will? by Del Shores
Smoke on the Mountain Homecoming by Alain Bailey, Mike Craver, and Connie Ray
Sanders Family Christmas by Alan Bailey, Gary Fagin, John Foley, and Connie Ray
Smoke on the Mountain by Alan Bailey, Mark Hardwick, Mike Craver, and Connie Ray
Psycho Beach Party by Charles Busch
A Nice Family Gathering by Phil Olson
A Company of Wayward Saints by George Herman
To learn more visit ScenePartnerApp.com!
Get those iPads®, iPhones® and iPod Touches® ready to download our ePlays on Apple®´s iBookstore. Be sure to check back often, because new ePlays are going to be added constantly, and we currently have over 1,000 titles available for download.
Whether you've got the latest Kindle® or the very first Nook®, eReading theatre lovers can rejoice, because Samuel French acting editions are now available to download from Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other online retailers! As of December 2012, 300 titles are available for multiple eReader formats, and there's more to come - so keep checking in with us!
To determine if the script you are looking at is available as a Direct-To-You ePlay from SamuelFrench.com look for "ePlay download" among the other formats available on the details page for the title. To buy your ePlay from another eRetailer, simply look for the icon of your device underneath the Add to Cart and Request License buttons. Clicking on the icon of your device will link you to Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or the iBookstore where the ePlay is also available.
See this image below for guidance on where to spot your eReader icon.
Curious to know what we are rolling out next? Make sure you´re signed up for our monthly "Hot Off the Press" newsletter (click here to get on the list).
We will also keep this page updated with the latest news!
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com
Can´t find what you´re looking for? Check back soon! More titles being added daily!