Yvette, an old woman, describes her experience during the German occupation of France in World War II, when she was persuaded by the Resistance to remain hidden in the secret passages of an old chateau which the Nazis had taken over as a command post, listen to their conversations from behind the walls, and smuggle the information out at night through a secret tunnel. In the course of this very dangerous work she becomes so obsessed with listening itself, and with observing from secret places, that it begins slowly to take over her life. Strange and powerful, an excellent piece for a mature actress.
Published in Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening and Other Plays.
- Intense Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
$75 with other plays in collection
- Time Period: 1980s, 1940s / WWII
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Parts for Senior Actors