Autumn Leaves (Bernstein)
by Julianne Bernstein
Short Play, Drama / 2f
Two sisters share sad but proud and fond memories a brother lost in Vietnam as they stand among the falling autumn leaves at the Vietnam Memorial in Washington.
It is autumn at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the famous "Wall of Names." The wall serves as a catalyst for Harriet and Sara who, struggling over the loss of their older brother, are forced to confront the walls within themselves, and that which has stood between them over the years.
Published in Off Off Broadway Festival Plays, 16th Series.
- Winner! Samuel French Off Off Broadway Festival
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $55 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, 1990s
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: Late afternoon of a warm November day. Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Washington, DC.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- All Female