Beauty and the Beast. Really.
by Rick Abbot
Full Length Musical, Comedy / 3m, 4f
Unexpected and hilarious twists make this version of the classic an entirely different romp for the whole family. Underlying the hilarity is a solid message about true beauty.
Note on Digital Perusal: Samuel French's new digital perusal process grants easy, digital access to music perusals while protecting the intellectual property of our composers, book writers, and lyricists. Samuel French perusals are intended to be used for finding the perfect show to fit your theater, casting pool, and resources. Perusals should be used to get acquainted with the music and script. They cannot be used to hold auditions, produce the show without a license, or find sheet music for a separate performance.
- Licensing fees and rental materials quoted upon application.
- Time Period: 19th Century
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: A small farm near an enchanted forest and a large castle within that forest.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Fantasy Costumes, Period Costumes
- Musical Style: Classic Broadway
- Vocal Demands: Moderate
- Orchestra Size: Piano Only
- Chorus Size: No Chorus
BEAST - an absolutely repulsive monster
LULA - Beauty's reasonably pretty stepsister
FATHER - a somewhat stolid farm-owner
HOLGA - Father's somewhat stolid wife
BEAU - a handsome young bucolic swain
HARRY - an ambitious theatrical entrepreneur
MAXINE - a not-very-talented tap dancer
SAM - a faithful and rather large hound dog
- Non-Traditional casting
- Expandable casting
Actors play 9 roles
Music Material Rental Packages
8 Piano/Vocal Scores