The Bride of Brackenloch! A Ghastly Gothic Thriller?
by Rick Abbot
Full Length Play, Comedy / 3m, 8f
In this cheerily goofy spoof of all those gothic novels where the heroine is brought to the ancient manor by her handsome, brooding groom, new bride Daphne is brought to Brackenloch the day after her husband Jabez Thorngall lost his first bride to the family curse: any bride at Brackenloch Manor is doomed to die on her wedding day. Suspicion and danger are omnipresent and audeinces love every minute of this thriller.
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: 19th Century
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: The parlor of Brackenloch Manor, in a desolate area of the Scottish moors about the mid-1800s.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
DAPHNE DIXON - his sweet young innocent unsuspecting bride
COMFORT GRODY - Jabez's former fiancee, a houseguest
GLYNIS PRESCOTT - Jabez's "widowed" sister
LADY ALICIA GODDARD - Jabez's maternal aunt
MAVIS BEAUFORT - chatelaine of adjoining estate
JANET MAGLEESH - housekeeper at Brackenloch
MANOR FANELLA - a timorous housemaid
MRS. MOUSELY - the family's longtime cook
WILBUR YARDLEY - a chief inspector of the Glasgow Police Force
ANDREW MACHANFORD - the gardiner/handyman
- Non-Traditional casting