Off on the bar crawl to end all crawls, three twenty-something brides-to-be find their lives going topsy-turvy when one of them begins to question her future after a chance encounter with a recently jilted handsome stranger. The Drunken City is a wildly theatrical take on the mystique of marriage and the ever-shifting nature of love and identity in a city that never sleeps.
"A LOT OF FUN! Adam Bock’s scalpel-sharp insight has made him a potent force on today’s theater scene. TART, SMART, AND INTOXICATING." New York Sun, Read More
"A playful and hopeful comedy. Like the best episodes of Sex and the City, a little heartache goes well with hilarity." New York Daily News, Read More
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $100 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
All characters are in their mid to late twenties.
The Bachelorette Party
- Ensemble cast
- Non-Traditional casting
The Drunken City premiered in new York City at Playwrights Horizons in March of 2008 under the direction of Trip Cullman.