Gay's the Word
by Ivor Novello, Alan Melville
Full Length Musical, Comedy / 17m, 24f
- NOTICE: Please be advised, this title is from the Samuel French Vault and is made from a scan of an archived manuscript. We hope you’ll treasure this glimpse into theatre history.
Reviews"Written shortly before his death in 1951, Ivor Novello's last musical earns a footnote in the history books." - The Guardian
"Gay’s the Word, being a musical comedy about putting on an amateur musical comedy, is an ideal production for a small company" - The Telegraph
- No Special Cautions
- Licensing fees and rental materials quoted upon application.
- Time Period: 1950s
- Duration: More than 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: Various: a provincial theatre, the Deventry School of Acting, the town of Folkestone, etc.
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: Classic Broadway, Operetta
- Vocal Demands: Moderate
- Orchestra Size: Piano Only
- Chorus Size: Large
- Ensemble cast
- Reduced casting (Doubling Possible)
- Expandable casting
- Flexible casting
- Room for Extras
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Music Material Rental Packages
30 Piano/Vocal Scores