"Agatha Christie has staged, against her smartest, most hyperemotional background so far, the shooting of a philandering doctor.” - Maurice Richardson, The Observer
“The Hollow is a ''who's going to get it'' that quickly turns into a ''whodunnit.' A genuine crowd pleaser and a worthwhile evening of entertainment.” - Leah D. Frank, The New York Times“To the end her listeners stay rapt... The main interest of the play, as a piece of writing, is in the mystery; but Mrs. Christie writes quick, speakable dialogue and, gleefully, her cast keeps us guessing until the dying minutes of the third act.” - JC Trewin, The Times
- Gun Shots
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $125 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: More than 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: The action of the play passes in the garden room of Sir Henry Angkatell’s house, The Hollow, about eighteen miles from London.
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
SIR HENRY ANGKATELL, K.C.B.
JOHN CRISTOW, M.D., F.R.C.P.
INSPECTOR COLQUHOUN, C.I.D.
DETECTIVE SERGEANT PENNY
- Ensemble cast