The House on the Cliff
by George Batson
Full Length Play, Comedy / 2m, 4f
The House on the Cliff is rumored to be the last stop of the Civil War Underground Railroad and overlooks one of the Great Lakes. Years ago, an excursion boat sank in a storm and it's said the lake is haunted. The play begins with a sudden, violent murder and ends with a chilling, surprising climax.
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, 1950s
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: The living room in the Clayton summer home, overlooking the northern tip of one of the Great Lakes.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes, Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
ELLEN CLAYTON - lovely, fragile and in her early twenties.
KAREN CLAYTON - in her thirties, tall, slim and with a cool beauty.
JENNY - the housekeeper, is austere and capable, in her late forties.
MISS PEPPER - attractive and warm with much energy and an engaging curiosity. Her age is twenty one plus.
COREY PHILLIPS - in his mid-twenties, good looking young doctor.
- Non-Traditional casting