Love Poem #98
by Regina Taylor
10 Minute Play, Drama / 1m, 2f
In Regina Taylor's abstract play, Emmanuel follows a mysterious woman named Mary, who is simultaneously Madonna and Whore.
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day, 1950s
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Setting: The tone is 50s film noir. A Hammett-like murder mystery.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes, Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
- Reduced casting (Doubling Possible)
- Flexible casting
Mary, the whore, and Mary, the wife, may be played by the same actress: underneath Mary's raincoat is the wife's housedress and apron.