The Fisherman's Wife
by Steve Yockey
Full Length Play, Comedy / 3m, 2f
In this wild sex farce, Vanessa's marriage to Cooper has grown stale. She wants excitement and passion. He merely wants to provide for her the best way he knows how: fishing. While Cooper is out at sea, Vanessa receives a visit from a mysterious traveling salesman with a bag full of danger...
Reviews“As a riff on Hokusai’s famed erotic woodcut ‘The Dream of the Fisherman’s Wife’ - the defi nitive work in tentacle porn - Yockey’s ‘Wife’ is funny, transgressive and fantastical.” – San Francisco Chronicle, Read More
“The Fisherman’s Wife is boundary-pushing yet accessible, oversized but intimate, and always fun.” – SF Weekly, Read More
- Intense Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 75 Minutes
- Setting: The suggestion of a modest fisherman's home; a small puppet theatre.
- Additional Features: Puppetry
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
VANESSA MINNOW - a woman, a young wife, dissatisfied in her marriage that’s not what she expected, frustrated and pent up; she often longs for more.
THOMAS BELL - a man, a door‐to‐door salesman, the kind of person who has seen a lot of things and often has just what you need on hand – for the right price.
SQUID - a “woman,” very attractive, lithe, a manifestation of a tentacled sea creature, nurturing and seductive, but also bossy; kind of a sexual deviant.
OCTOPUS - a “man,” very attractive, lithe, a manifestation of a tentacled sea creature, an older brother, sassy, sarcastic; kind of a sexual deviant.
- Not Applicable