The Pen Is Deadlier
by Fred Carmichael
Full Length Play, Drama / 4m, 6f
This exciting mystery contains two murders with ever mounting excitement and explores the fascinating psychological overtones and undertones that impel the murder to the crime. Atop one of the fashionable Hollywood Hills, Clair Clarendon, top gossip columnist, reigns supreme over her helpless target…
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: 1950s
- Setting: Clair Clarendon's home in the Hollywood Hills. Summer.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes, Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
HORTON - a young man in his late twenties, incisive and with a sharp sense of humor.
MRS. GRIGGS - a middle-aged housekeeper.
CLAIR CLARENDON - a sharp, brittle and brilliant woman, knows what she wants and gets it.
PHYLLIS - early twenties, attractive, but somehow shy.
VIRGINIA MORROW - young and extrememly beautiful.
JEFF OXFORD - early thirties and very attractive in a "pretty boy" way.
GEORGE O. GRENOFF - an aging director with a sarcastic sense of humor born of his lack of great success.
ISABEL ILSLEY - no longer a leading lady, but still extremely beautiful in a hardened way.
WILMA HOOD - a former ingenue but now with the lines and bulges of middleage.
LIEUTENANT MAPLES - a detective.