by Rick Abbot
Full Length Play, Comedy / 3m, 7f
Perfect for any performing group, this is the hilarious story of a theatre group trying desperately to put on a play in spite of maddening interference from a haughty author who keeps revising the script.
- Gun Shots
- Minimum Fee: $125 per performance
- Time Period: Present Day, Victorian (British and American)
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: The Stage of a Community Theatre.
- Additional Features: Physical Comedy
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes, Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
GERALDINE "GERRY" DUNBAR - a community theatre director.
HENRY BENISH ("Lord Dudley") - a Character Actor.
POLLY BENISH ("Lady Margaret") - a Character Actress.
MARLA "SMITTY" SMITH ("Doris the maid") - a supporting player.
SAUL WATSON ("Doctor Rex Forbes") - a Villain.
BILLY CAREWE ("Stephen Sellers") -a Juvenile.
VIOLET IMBRY ("Diana Lassiter") - an Ingenue.
LOUISE PEARY - a sound-and-lighting-and-scenic technician.
PHYLLIS MONTAGUE - a novice playwright in the community.
- Non-Traditional casting