Psycho Beach Party
Full Length Play, Comedy / 5m, 6f
“Gidget”, Frankie and Annette beach party epics, and Hitchcock psychological suspense thrillers such as “Spellbound” and “Marnie” are given a shotgun marriage.
"Fiendishly funny! Zany!”" - Associated Press
“Gidget Goes Berserk!” - The New York Times
“Catch the wave of laughter.” - Gannett Westchester Newspapers
"Hilarious" - Gannett Newspapers
- Strong Language
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Optional Music/Media Fee: $25 per performance
- Time Period: 1960s
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: On and around Malibu Beach, 1962
- Additional Features: No intermission, Physical Comedy
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Cross gender casting
- Drag performance
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
2 females roles may be played by males
Music Material Rental Packages
Optional sound effects available.
Contact your licensing representative for additional information.
Psycho Beach Party premiered on July 20, 1987 at The Players Theatre, New York City. It was directed by Kenneth Elliott and presented by Theater-in-Limbo, Kenneth Elliott, and Gerald A. Davis. The play was previously presented at the Limbo Lounge.