The Tribute Artist
Full Length Play, Comedy / 2m, 4f
This new comedy by Charles Busch, is about an out-of-work female impersonator who, when his elderly landlady dies in her sleep, takes on her identity in order to hang on to her valuable Greenwich Village townhouse.
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: The first floor of a four story townhouse in Greenwich Village, New York City.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Drag performance
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
The Tribute Aritst was written for Primary Stages and premiered Off-Broadway at 59E59 Street Theatre in January of 2014.