"Mr. Busch is perhaps equaled only by Paul Rudnick in his ability to churn out well-turned, archly funny zingers..." - The New York Times
"A group of New Yorkers seemingly brought together by chance find that their ties run deeper than they could imagine in Charles Busch's fantastical new comedy Olive and the Bitter Herbs..." - TheatreMania
- Strong Language
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $100 per performance
- Time Period: Present Day
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: Olive’s apartment living room in the East Thirties in Manhattan.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Ensemble cast
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Olive and the Bitter Herbs was commissioned by Primary Stages and premiered at 59E59 Street Theatre in New York City in 2011, under the direction of Mark Brokaw.