The Silk Shirt
by Tim Kelly
Short Play, Drama / 1m, 3f
An unemployed young actor and his wife live with his semi invalid mother and shy older sister until something turns up. Their life style conflicts with the mother's. The climax occurs when the wife returns with an expensive silk shirt for a good friend, now blind. The mother's outraged at the wife's…
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Present Day
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Setting: Apartment of Mrs. Osborne, New York City. The present. Late afternoon.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
DONALD- A young actor currently "at liberty." Serious and hard-working.
ANGIE- His sister, older by a few years. Shy and withdrawn, seemingly dominated bytheir mother.
MRS.OSBORNE- Their mother, a semi-invalid. Selfish and opinionated.
SALOME- Donald's wife, an actress, attractive and effervescent-and a thorn in the side of Mrs. Osborne.