A ridiculous retelling of the children’s classic. All the familiar elements are there, including Jack, his mother, their cow, the magic beans, the beanstalk, the giant, the giantess, the goose that lays the golden eggs, and the harp that talks, but Ludlam adds his usual mix of wordplay and sight gags – and a very light touch of vegetarian and proletarian rabble-rousing – to create a fresh, thought-provoking, utterly delightful stage version.
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Setting: The tenement apartment of Jack and his Mother.
- Features / Contains: Fantasy Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
- Cross gender casting
- Reduced casting (Doubling Possible)
- Roles for Children
- Room for Extras