Newlyweds Greg and Cheryl have resolved to spend Christmas together alone in their tiny apartment for the first time... but when Cheryl decides at the last minute she can't resist the siren call of her dysfunctional family, it's all Greg can do to keep her from Going Home.
Published in Christmas Shorts, a collection of five holiday plays by the author that can be performed individually or together as a complete evening of theatre for a cast of 4-13 performers.
"Amusing, poignant, Christmas Shorts is a simple, gentle surprise... The script is loaded with low-key, sweet humor." - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Strong Language
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Setting: A tiny apartment suggested by a couch, a coffee table and a very small Christmas tree.
- Additional Features: No intermission, Physical Comedy, Stage Combat
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
GREG - just 30, male
- Ensemble cast
- Non-Traditional casting
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Christmas Shorts: 5 Merry Little Comedies was first produced by Naked Angels (Geoffrey Nauffts, artistic director) at Playwrights Horizons' Mainstage Theatre in December, 2008 as an Angels in Progress workshop. It was directed by Suzanne Agins.