Full Length Musical, Comedy / 4m, 3f
In this sequel to the ever-popular New York hit Smoke on the Mountain,the Sanders family returns to Mount Pleasant, NC, home of the Mount Pleasant Pickle Factory. It's Christmas Eve, 1941.
Note on Digital Perusal: Samuel French's new digital perusal process grants easy, digital access to music perusals while protecting the intellectual property of our composers, book writers, and lyricists. Samuel French perusals are intended to be used for finding the perfect show to fit your theater, casting pool, and resources. Perusals should be used to get acquainted with the music and script. They cannot be used to hold auditions, produce the show without a license, or find sheet music for a separate performance.
- No Special Cautions
- Licensing fees and rental materials quoted upon application.
- Time Period: 1940s / WWII
- Duration: 105 Minutes
- Setting: The sanctuary of Mount Pleasant Baptist Church in Mount Pleasant, North Carolina, located just west of Hickory near the Blue Ridge Mountains. Wednesday night, December 24, 1941, eighteen days after Pearl Harbor.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: Country/Western, Folk
- Vocal Demands: Moderate
- Orchestra Size: Small/Combo
- Chorus Size: No Chorus
BURL SANDERS - father, 40s
VERA - mother, 40s
STANLEY - uncle, 40s
DENNIS and DENISE - twins, 20s
JUNE - sister, mid-20s
- Ensemble cast
- Features Teens
Music Material Rental Packages
8 Vocal Scores/Lead Sheets
Lead sheets allow the addition of as many or as few instruments to this title as needed. The original production added the following instruments:
Percussion (Wooden Spoons, Tambourine, Washboard With Scrub Brush, Cymbal, Cowbell, Sleigh Bells, Various Bells, Basket-wicker with beans, Triangle, Drumsticks and Mallets)
In today's busy world, scheduling sufficient time to rehearse music with your cast is tough. With Show|Ready, you can virtually send your music …Learn More