Full Length Musical, Comedy / 4m, 3f
It’s October 1945, and the gospel‑singing Sanders Family is back together again.
Note on Digital Perusal: Samuel French's new digital perusal process grants easy, digital access to music perusals while protecting the intellectual property of our composers, book writers, and lyricists. Samuel French perusals are intended to be used for finding the perfect show to fit your theater, casting pool, and resources. Perusals should be used to get acquainted with the music and script. They cannot be used to hold auditions, produce the show without a license, or find sheet music for a separate performance.
- No Special Cautions
- Licensing fees and rental materials quoted upon application.
- Time Period: 1940s / WWII
- Duration: 105 Minutes
- Setting: The sanctuary of Mount Pleasant Baptist Church in Mount Pleasant, North Carolina, located just west of Hickory near the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is Saturday night, October 6, 1945, two months after VJ Day. The war is over.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: Country/Western
- Vocal Demands: Moderate
- Orchestra Size: Piano Only
- Chorus Size: No Chorus
BURL SANDERS - father, 50
VERA SANDERS - mother, 50
STANLEY SANDERS - uncle, 50
DENNIS SANDERS - twin brother, early 20s
DENISE SANDERS - twin sisters, early 20s
JUNE - sister (and Mervin's wife), mid-20s
- Not Applicable
Music Material Rental Packages
8 Piano Vocal Scores
Are you having trouble using your music in its current key? There's no longer a need to waste time with music that may not be working for …Learn More