The Creature Creeps!
by Jack Sharkey
Full Length Play, Comedy / 4m, 8f
This hilarious send up of the horror story genre has an ancient castle, creaking doors, a mad scientist, his misshapen assistant, a grim housekeeper, secret laboratory, shrieks from the depths of the cellar, disappearing villagers, an incredibly stalwart and stupid hero of sterling character, the scientist's absolutely dopey daughter, and so many laughs you'll lose count.
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: 19th Century
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: The parlor of Castle Von Blitzen, high in the Carpathian Mountains of Transylvania, shortly before the end of the 19th Century.
- Additional Features: Special Effects
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
DONALD VON BLITZEN - a mild-mannered mad scientist
DAISY VON BLITZEN - his dopey daughter
FRANK STERLING - Daisy's betrothed
BABSY BALLOU - Daisy's school chum
MORD - Donald's little helper
GRETCHEN TWITCHILL - Donald's housekeeper
*HANS SHTUNKEN - a doctor
*FRITZ SHTUNKEN - a lawyer
*OTTO SHTUNKEN - a merchant
*HEINRICH SHTUNKEN - a chief
HANNAH ZITZEN - Han's fiancee
FREDA ZITZEN - Fritz's fiancee
OLGA ZITZEN - Otto's fiancee
HEIDI ZITZEN - Heinrich's fiancee
MARITZA - their eldest sister
*THE CREATURE - ?????
- Non-Traditional casting
The same performer plays all five of the roles marked with * in the descriptions listed.