Bullets for Broadway
by David Landau
Full Length Musical, Comedy / 3m, 3f
In this sequel to The Altos, Tony & Toffee Alto are back, by popular demand. This time, Toffee wants to be a Broadway star and Tony needs to "clean" some money. So he hires two producers to mount a hit musical - "The Mafia Queen."
- Gun Shots
- Licensing fees and rental materials quoted upon application.
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 75 Minutes
- Setting: It’s opening night, the review party, where everyone is waiting for the reviews to come out. Characters mingle with guests, recognizing them as producers, investors, critics, and other theater high society types.
- Additional Features: Audience Participation/Interactive, Play w/ Music
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes, Elaborate / High Volume Costumes
- Musical Style: Classic Broadway
- Vocal Demands: Moderate
ELI BLAIN – Naïve composer/lyricist/book writer of the musical
TONY ALTO – Gangster who is the sole backer of the musical
TOFFEE ALTO – Gangster’s wife who is the star of the musical
ABIGAIL MULDER – FBI agent, under cover as a chorus girl, trying to build a case against Tony
BERNIE BROADHURST – Pretentious actor who plays the “Tony” part in the musical and is having a affair with Toffee – using her for her money. (Same actor as TONY)
MIMI SHERATON – Wealthy patron of the arts, Broadway investor and gossip columnist
THUG - same actor as ELI
Members of the audience should play the following roles: The show’s director, Theater critics (mad-libs of reviews), Chorus girls Back up dancers (Toffee recruits them), Theater Investors
Music Material Rental Packages
Performance CD with Vocal Backing Tracks
Please be aware there is no written music available for this title. Contact your licensing representative for further information.