"Riveting, powerful, electrifying drama [...] the dialogue crackles." - New York Daily News
"Outstanding play [that] [...] deals intelligently with questions of religion and psychology." - The New York Times
"Unquestionably blindingly theatrical [...] cleverly executed blood and guts evening in the theatre." - New York Post
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Present Day
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
Bare stage. One chair.
- Additional Features: Play w/ Music
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Vocal Demands: Moderate
- Chorus Size: No Chorus
DOCTOR MARTHA LIVINGSTONE - Woman, 40's
MOTHER MIRIAM RUTH - Woman, 60's
AGNES - Woman, 20's
- All Female
- Non-Traditional casting
- Multicultural casting
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Music Material Rental Packages
Read at the 1979 Eugene O'Neill Playwrights' Conference.
Professional premiere at Actors' Theatre of Louisville, March, 1980.