The Imaginary Invalid (Stone)
by Merritt Stone, Jean Baptiste Moliere
Full Length Play, Comedy / 8m, 4f
Monsieur Ardin, the imaginary invalid, is a thoroughgoing hypochondriac. His daughter, Angelique, is in love with Cleante. But Ardin insists that she shall marry the son of a doctor and a doctor himself, Thomas Defois. Toinette, the maid and Beralde, Ardin's brother, do everything possible to dissuade Ardin in his determination to marry Angelique to the stupid Thomas.
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: 17th Century
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: The reception room of the Paris house of Monsieur Ardin on two successive days; the middle of the Seventeenth Century.
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
TOINETTE - the maid.
ANGELIQUE - the elder daugher of Ardin .
BELINE - the wife of Ardin.
MONSIEUR DE BONNEFOI - the notary.
CLEANTE - the lover of Angelique.
MONSIEUR DEFOIS - a doctor.
THOMAS DEFOIS - his son.
LOUISE - the younger daughter of Ardin.
BERALDE - the brother of Ardin.
MONSIEUR FLEURANTE - the apothecary.
MONSEIUR PURJON - another doctor.