Don't Tell Mother
by Monk Ferris
Full Length Play, Comedy / 3m, 5f
On the evening that timid librarian Cinnamon Schmidt and her mother are to entertain her fiance Hobart and his mother at serene family dinner, Cinnamon comes home in shock because she has witnessed a bank robbery and is the only one who can identify the crook. The pace is rapid fire, the dialogue hilarious, and the laughter non stop.
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: The entire action of the play takes place in the Schmidt apartment in Park Ridge, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago, during a very chilly October afternoon.
- Additional Features: Physical Comedy, Special Effects
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
SARAH SCHMIDT - Cinnamon's mother
CINNAMON SCHMIDT - Sarah's daughter, a librarian
DEEDEE MALONE - Cinnamon's friend and neighbor
JOE SHIMKO - a government agent
MAGDA BERELZHEIMER - Cinnamon's fiance's mother
RIKKI TICKEY - a squealer in more ways than one
ORVILLE MADDOX - a desperate law-breaker
HOBART BERELZHEIMER - Cinnamon's rhinitic fiance
- Non-Traditional casting
Don't Tell Mother was first presented by Character Actors Repertory Theatre Productions at the Horizon Theatre in Burbank, California, on May 29, 1984. It was directed by Geoffrey Till and produced by Mr. Till and Eugene Cockran.