by Neil Simon
Full Length Play, Comedy / 2m, 2f
Recent widower, writer George Schneider, is encouraged by his younger brother Leo to start dating again. This sends George into even more depression after a series of bad matches. Then Leo comes up with Jennie Malone, and she's a keeper. Still, it's a bumpy trip on the road to Dreamland for these not-so-young lovers.
- NOMINEE - 1978 Tony Award, Best Play
"A SURE SMASH!" - Variety
"Lovely whimsical and touching and always funny [...] most of the time downright hilarious." - New York Post
- Minimum Fee: $125 per performance
- Time Period: 1970s
- Setting: Jennifer Malone's Upper East Side apartment and George Schneider's lower Central Park West apartment. The play begins on a late February afternoon and continues through to mid-spring.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes, Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Ensemble cast
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
- Parts for Senior Actors