Full Length Play, Drama / 2m, 1f
In 1941, German physicist Werner Heisenberg went to Copenhagen to see his Danish counterpart, Niels Bohr. Together they had revolutionized atomic science in the 1920s, but now they were on opposite sides of a world war.
- WINNER! 2000 Tony® Award for Best Play
Reviews"The most invigorating and ingenious play of ideas in many a year. An electrifying work of art. - The New York Times, Read More
"Superb. Dynamic." - The New Yorker, Read More
"Gripping. A brilliant play." - London Guardian, Read More
"The word 'tremendous' is often used but seldom deserved. In this case it is. Copenhagen is an intellectual and theatrical tour de force." - London Times
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $125 per performance
- Time Period: 1940s / WWII
- Duration: More than 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: Simple setting. Interior.
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
NIELS BOHR - 40s-50s, Heisenberg's Danish counterpart
MARGRETHE NORLUND BOHR - 40s, Niels's wife, an integral part of his life and work
- Ensemble cast