"Friel fleshes the awful, numbing casualty statistics and gives them breath and life." - The Sunday Telegraph
"Friel has written the best Northern Irish play since the present troubles began; it is also the least tainted by propaganda or the simplifications to which such a subject becomes prone." - The Financial Times
- Gun Shots
- Strong Language
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $100 per performance
- Time Period: 1970s
- Duration: 105 Minutes
- Setting: Derry City, Northern Ireland. 1970.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
SKINNER - 21. Very lean, very tense, very restless. He is described as "glib" but the adjective is less than just. A quick volatile mind driving a lean body.
MICHAEL - 22. Strong, regular features, but not handsome.
DR. DOBBS - Sociologist
BRIGADIER JOHNSON HANSBURY
ARMY PRESS OFFICER
DR. WINBOURNE - Forensic expert
PROFESSOR CUPPLEY - Pathologist
LIAM O'KELLEY - RTE Commentator
SOLDIERS, REPORTERS, BARKEEP
- Flexible casting
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)