45 Seconds from Broadway
by Neil Simon
Full Length Play, Comedy / 6m, 6f
From America's master of Contemporary Broadway Comedy, here is another revealing comedy behind the scenes in the entertainment world, this time near the heart of the theatre district. 45 Seconds from Broadway takes place in the legendary "Polish Tea Room" on New York's 47th Street.
"The play may have the rat-a-tat pace of a Marx Brothers movie, but it exists not to create Groucho-like anarchy but to weave fractured lives into healing harmony." – The New York Times, Read More
"A warm-spirited tribute... a theatrical valentine." – Variety, Read More
"With a handsome, well-acted production and plenty of Simon zingers, there's much to enjoy." – CurtainUp, Read More
- Minimum Fee: $125 per performance
- Time Period: New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: More than 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: A coffee shop in New York
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
CHARLES W. BROWNING III
45 Seconds from Broadway was first presented on Broadway by Emanuel Azenberg, Ira Pittelman, James Nederlander, Scott Nederlander, and Keven McCollum at the Richard Rogers Theatre on November 11, 2001. It was directed by Jerry Zaks.