Embittered by the revelations of the true character of his father and mother, young, impressionable Reuben Light undergoes a transformation from a God-fearing youth to a cynical atheist. Mystically attracted to a humming dynamo at the plant where he is employed, Reuben begins to worship this man-made idol as the mother of the universe, offering his sweetheart, simpleminded Ada, as a blood sacrifice in atonement for his sins of lust and dying himself in a last fatal embrace with the monstrous machine.
- Intense Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $100 per performance
- Time Period: 1930s, 1920s
- Duration: More than 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Not Applicable
First performed in March 1929.