Anastasia, a young girl, wakes up in a dark, lonely place in the woods with a terrifying person who may be Rasputin, or a maniac, or both. He torments her and tries to seduce her in an effort to get her to remember who she is. A mysterious and terrifying longer one act, and a great piece for a strong young actress and a powerful character actor. Continues Nigro's Russian cycle of plays which includes Pushkin, Gogol, An Angler in the Lake of Darkness, Emotion Memory, A Russian Play and Mandelstam.
Published in Rasputin & Other Plays.
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: 1910s / WWI
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)