In a room in a hotel in Pittsburgh, on the last night of her life, Eleanora Duse is tormented by her ex-lover, the insufferable but charming Italian playwright D'Annunzio, who appears from behind the cupboard, her great rival Sarah Bernhardt, who comes out of a trunk, Henrik Ibsen, who is hiding under the bed, and Mussolini, who comes in the window, and her angry and neglected daughter. A very funny and moving play about the terror and holiness of the theatre.
Published in Eleanora Duse Dies In Pittsburgh & Other Plays.
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: 1920s
- Duration: 60 minutes (1 hour)
- Additional Features: No intermission, Physical Comedy
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Ensemble cast
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)