This tense one act is a kind of highly charged erotic telephone conversation with dangerous undertones and no telephones. Laura is off at college and is apparently calling her troubled stepfather Stephen, ostensibly to give him ideas for his novel. But in fact she is tormenting him because she knows he desires her and won't admit it, and this is an increasingly dangerous situation. Meant to be done on its own or in a trilogy which also includes Praying Mantis and Night, or as part of a group of six interrelated one acts that also includes Entanglement, Telepathy and Uncertainty.
Published in Grim Lake & Other Plays.
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Not Applicable