In this powerfully seductive and mysterious monologue, Laura, a beautiful woman in her thirties, sits in a bar full of mirrors and speaks to a man who has bought her a drink about the dangers of getting involved with strangers, and the deadly mating habits of the praying mantis, who devours her lover's head after copulation. What has this poor guy gotten himself into? Works on its own, but also along with two companion pieces, Telepathy and Uncertainty, both included in this volume, Mysterium & Other Plays.
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- All Female
First produced in New York City by Inertia Productions in September 2010.