Laura, a young woman in her twenties, sits at a wooden table at a police station and tries to explain the events of the previous stormy night, when after many years her stepfather has shown up at her house during a rather wild party, and been found dead in the morning. Her troubled history and ambivalent feelings about him gradually come into focus as we try to make sense of the horror that has resulted. Works on its own, but also along with two companion pieces, Entanglement and Telepathy, or as a group of six related plays including Praying Mantis, Night and Hologram. Taken separately or together, these plays are a powerful challenge and showcase for an actress.
Published in Mysterium & Other Plays.
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- All Female
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)