Short Play, Dramatic Comedy / 3m, 1f
Cooper, an American expatriate poet, has traveled from Tangier to a rural Southern town with the ashes of Oswin Everett Pickett, a famous writer and notorious gay figure who had been living in northern Africa. Pickett's great nephew, a young man obsessed with the notorious man's works, urges Cooper to tell him about his deceased relative. Winner of the 28th Annual Off Off Broadway Short Play Festival.
- Winner of the 28th Annual Samuel French Off Off Broadway Short Play Festival!
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $55 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: A graveyard in a rural Southern Town.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
ROSEMUND SNODDY (pronounced with hard "o") - early 30s female, very Southern; a fierce defender of her family and their good name
REVEREND DON BESTERMAN - male, any age, genial and unassuming; a born peacemaker
TAP SNODDY - late teens to early 20s, male, Rosemund's brother; eager, excitable and conflicted
- Ensemble cast