For Tiger Lilies Out of Season
Short Play, Drama / 1m, 5f, 1girl(s)
An intimate, affirmative account of a battle to live fully beyond physical survival, this poetic piece, half dream and half reality, follows one woman's rite of passage through the experience of breast cancer.
An intimate, affirmative account of a battle to live fully beyond physical survival, this poetic piece, half dream and half reality, follows one woman's rite of passage through the experience of breast cancer. Justine Danieu, a divorced, educated, and talented photographer, is on the brink of professional success when a routine mammography reveals a malignancy. As she interacts with doctors, family, and support group members, she questions the certitudes of her existence. Her courage in facing a difficult decision about treatment is a metaphor for her coming of age. Humor and pathos are interwoven in this story of human potential in adversity.
Published in Off Off Broadway Festival Plays, 22nd Series.
- Winner! Samuel French Off Off Broadway Festival
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 60 minutes (1 hour)
- Setting: Most of this play takes place inside a Doctor's office. Minimal Set required.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
Casting1m, 5f, 1girl(s)
- Non-Traditional casting
- Flexible casting
- Roles for Children
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
The walk-on role of one female child may be excluded without sacrificing the integrity of the play.