While waiting in the bar of a crowded upscale restaurant, a chance meeting leaves Barb and Josh (who are married, but not to each other) wondering "what if?". "What if" we gave up some of the things we love for love? "What if" we should later change our minds? "What if" we had met someone else earlier? "What if" we met them later? "What if" love at first sight isn't love at first sight? "What if" it is?
Published in What If? Six Short Comedies about the Search for Love.
Reviews"Among the standout works [at the The 13th Annual Last Frontier Theatre Conference in Valdez, Alaska] was ... Jay Hanagan's Ships." - Catherine Stadem, Backstage
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: A booth or table at the bar of an upscale restaurant.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
JOSH - 30-something, pleasant without being Hollywood handsome
SAMANTHA - Josh's wife, a pretty nice lady
JASON - Barb's husband, not so bad himself
- Non-Traditional casting
"Ships" was originally produced on August 2, 2002 by the Gatesinger Company, Ltd. in Pultneyville, New York. It was directed by the author.