Tiger at the Gates
by Jean Giraudoux, Christopher Fry
Full Length Play, Drama / 15m, 7f
Winner! The Critics' Circle Award as the best foreign play of the year.
"A play of beauty, dignity and quality" -N.Y. Post
"Conveys wit and thought and humor" -N.Y. Times
- Winner! The Critics' Circle Award as the best foreign play of the year and recipient of many other awards.
"A play of beauty, dignity and quality" -New York Post
"Conveys wit and thought and humor" -New York Times
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $90 per performance
- Optional Music/Media Fee: $15 per performance
- Time Period: Greek; Roman & Biblical
- Duration: 75 Minutes
- Setting: Ramparts of the palace; morning.
- Additional Features: Stage Combat
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
LADY IN WAITING
Tiger at the Gates was originally presented by Robert L. Joseph, Henry M. Margolis, and the Playwrights Company at the Plymouth Theatre in New York on October 3rd, 1955.