by Don Nigro
Full Length Play, Drama / 3m, 3f
Silent film starlet Mary Margaret is alone in her Hollywood bungalow, about to kill herself. John Rose, a former Shakespearean stage actor, now a drunken silent movie leading man with a bad reputation, calls on her and tries to convince her to face life. Funny and rich in character and language, this powerful and unusual love story is central to the Pendragon series of plays.
- Intense Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $90 per performance
- Time Period: 1920s, 1910s / WWI
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: In and around the old Pendragon house in Armitage, Ohio, at various times between 1908 and 1927; Mary Margaret's Hollywood bungalow in 1929; a series of inns, boarding houses and backstage dressing rooms frequented by McDuffy's theatrical company over the years.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
MARY MARGARET DUNCAN
- Ensemble cast