This controversial play traces the emotional conflicts of Sonia Pretorius, beautiful, brilliant and articulate spokesperson for the nuclear power industry, and her conflicts with her scientist father, her green sister, her frazzled and lovesick boss, and her father's cynical girlfriend. As Sonia's world begins to collapse around her, the tension in her grows and moves her closer and closer to a meltdown.
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $90 per performance
- Time Period: 1980s
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Commissioned by The Ensemble Studio Theatre in New York as part of the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Science & Technology Project and developed earlier at the McCarter Theatre in Princeton.