The great Norwegian painter Edvard Munch and his tragic relationship with the beautiful model Dagny Jewel is the subject of this ambitious and complex play, featuring August Strindberg, Friedrich Nietzsche, Henrik Ibsen, and other noted personages of the late 19th and early 20th century. Told in fluid, cinematic fashion, moving back and forth in time and space, each scene is a different Munch painting as we slowly put together the pieces of the puzzle of his life. Betrayal, jealousy, madness, and murder are woven together in this sometimes funny, always compelling piece of theatre.
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: 1940s / WWII, 1930s, 1920s, 1910s / WWI, 1900-1910
- Duration: More than 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Ensemble cast
First produced in New York at the Village Theatre Company.